Monday 5 June 2017

Down the TBR Hole... #2

Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

It works like this:
○ Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
○ Order on ascending date added.
○ Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
○ Read the synopses of the books
○ Decide: keep it or should it go?


I have FINALLY finished studying for my Computer Science exam that’s tomorrow! I have been sitting in the same spot for the past 2 days!
Since I have some free time now, I decided that I should write up a blog post for you all!
Now let’s get started on Down the TBR Hole #2!


Book 1: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


I totally forgot, but I have this book on my kindle and started reading it a few years ago... I disliked it’s cliché storyline so much that I actually stopped reading it... It’s storyline felt overdone and not at all unique or engaging. So I have to say:
IT MUST GO.

Book 2: The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

Ehh... This is a middle grade book and it just doesn’t appeal to me anymore. I think I added it in the first place because it is co-authored by Cassandra Clare. Which I have no idea why I did, because I never overly liked the Shadowhunter books... So, it’s pretty obvious that:
IT MUST GO.

Book 3: Half Bad by Sally Green

I am literally so excited to hopefully read this book soon! I have been wanting to read it since FOREVER and I swear to god I will buy this book soon! So pretty obvious, I am going to:
KEEP IT.

Book 4: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

I only added this book because of how gosh dang beautiful the cover is, and there is no way I am removing it now! So I will:
KEEP IT.

Book 5: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

I have always loved heist movies and am so so so so excited about reading a book with a similar premise! My little sisters friend (who is practically my little sister too) said she is going to get it for me for my birthday, and lets say I CANNOT WAIT!!! Obviously:
 KEEP IT.


Thank you so much for checking out this post.
Lately I have been in such a massive book slump and honestly cannot finish a single book! This is absolutely killing me!!!
But now I have finished my studying, I’m hoping to be able to sit down and read a good book.

If you would like to follow me and see what books I’m currently reading and adding to my Goodreads TBR, just check out THIS LINK!

Until next time, keep reading!

- Shelbi 

No comments:

Post a Comment